Monday, September 24, 2018

D


D
Some of my thoughts and memories and things:

Dachau Concentration Camp- Germany- I have been here twice and it is dreadful to see so much inhumanity.
Denmark- This is an expensive country to visit so once was enough.
Delaware- a state that started a nation and now offers tax free shopping.
Drum Circle-  I joined a drum circle class and I was awful.  I can't keep the beat.
Dierdre- my niece, May 18, 1985
Danny- my nephew.  He is a math teacher.
Dew Point Brewery- DE
Diamondback Brewery- MD
Democratic National Convention
Dock Street Brewery- PA- the place is a bit edgy but they make some good beers.
Dodgeball- I had to play this degrading game in high school and I hated it.  I always tired to get out first so I could sit out the rest fo the game.  I didn't want to hit anyone with the ball.
Dogfish Brewery- DE- I love to visit this place.
DuClaw brewery- MD
Dunkin Brewery- FL
Dogs- I don't really like to hang with them.
Democratic National Convention- July 2016- Philly- I was there.
Democrat- my party of choice.
Dorothy Parker- an author who used to hold me attention but not too much today.
D and C Canal- Maryland, USA- I've kayaked here but I am not sure that s really allowed.
Danube River- Europe- I've taken my share of afternoon cruises down this river.
Do Unto Others As You Would Like Them To Do Unto You- a good idea that I should practice more often.
Delaware River- PA- I kayak in this river.  We put in near Delaware Water Gap.
Devlins- neighborhood friends from East Sharpneck Street in Philadelphia.
DIPA- Double Indian Pale Ale- my favorite beer choice
Delaware Bay- I go bird watching here.
Defiant- I've been called this on several occasions. As a matter of fact, I think I suffer from ODD.
Derelict- I've been called this as well.
Dumb as a doorknob- And I've been called this also.
Downtown- that's what I used to call center city Phoadlephia when I was a girl. "I'm going downtown fro the day."
Drinking: coffee, tea, water, juice, beer, kumbachu,  coconut water, very little wine, liquor and hot chocolate.
Devil Wears Prada- I love, love, loved this movie. Meryl Streep was outstanding in this mean role.
Digging in the dirt- a very satisfying way to spend the afternoon.
Donovan- a 1960's singer who sang very stand songs but I liked him.  "First there was a mountain, then there was no mountain".--What???
Drake's Passage- I crossed it in 2007 and we had calm seas which was most unusual.
David Sedaris- a talented and funny writer. I've read most of what he has written.  But I prefer to listen to his audio books because his tones are so loud and clear.
Dallas, Texas- haven't been there and I dont see it in my future.  I have been to Housten and Austin.
Durham, England- been there.
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania- been there- 2016
Darwin, Australia- been there- 2015
Dehli, India- been there- 2004
Denver, Colorado- been there several times
Dubin, Ireland- been there- 2000
Diapers- I dont change any kid's diapers and I mean it.
David Letterman- I went to see him at the Ed Sullivan Theatre in the fall of 1993.
Dogfish 60 Minute IPA- one of my favorite beers.
Death with Dignity- an organization that I support.  I think people should be allowed to call it quits when they are finished with life.
Dementia- I think it is beginning to creep up on me.  I am forgetting my words.

No comments: