Saturday, July 28, 2018

Women's March 2018

Women's March 2018
West Chester, PA
January 20, 2018

I went to the Women's March in Washington, DC and loved every damn minute of it. It was re-affirming, uplifting, positive, grand, powerful, exciting, soothing, and empowering. It was a tonic for me. It was such a high. This march helped me get back on an even keel after our awful election last November 2016.

But this year, I decided that I wouldn't go to DC for the march.  I wanted to go to the march in Philadelphia and I signed up to volunteer my time. However, it was the day before the march and no one had contacted me to volunteer.  I hadn't made any plans with friends and I woke up that morning feeling lazy and cold and filled with excuses as to why I shouldn't go.

Then I saw that there was a march right in my back yard.  OK, only 300 people showed up but hey, there was a presence in the hood.

But whenI went on Facebook that night, I saw one posting after another from friends who marched in Philly.  I wished I had marched with them.  So next year, I am booking a hotel room in Philadelphia for Friday and Saturday night and I am having a big-assed powerful gathering of friends who stand for women.


No comments: