Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My Favorite 2017 Movies

My Favorite 2017 Movies

I love going to the movies.  This year, I joined the Bryn Mawr Film Institute and made an effort to see more movies than usual.  I saw some great movies this year:


  • Lion- OMG, this was an upsetting movie to watch.
  • Victoria and Abdul- I cant help it.  I love any movie that stars Judy Dench.  This movie was no exception.  She can really play an old, ugly woman.
  • Maddie- I never heard of this artist until the film was released.  She has an incredible story.
  • Loving Vincent-  I want to watch this masterpiece again but in my home so I can stop and start the film as I choose to examine the artistry of this film.
  • The Big Sick- it was funny overall, event though there are a few slow spots in the movie.
  • Beauty and the Beast- this movie was grand.
  • Marshall- I continue to be shocked at the injustices of the world.
  • The Last Viceroy- the changing of the guard as England returned power to India was one big fuck up.
  • Hidden Figures- I saw this movie the night before the international Women's March and it was a perfect movie to set my mood.
  • Fences- Denzel Washington's character was so believable that I wanted to punch him.


No comments: