Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Double Expresso

2X Presso
Southern Tier Brewery
Beer Exchange Party
January 2015


I am at a beer exchange party.  Everyone brought something to share. I try the 2X Presso. The first sip of this beer left me ambivalent,  I just couldn't figure out the taste.  It was full of bitterness and spices.  Then it dawned on me that I was drinking an espresso beer and the second sip tasted like a cool cup of coffee.  Most of the people at the beer exchange did not like this beer.  A few took one sip and no more.  Some wouldn't even try it because it was too dark for them.  So I scanned the room and saw that I was really the only one who had any interest in this selection.  I casually went up to the sampling table and slowly took the bottle back to my seat and discretely finished it off. 

No comments: