Tuesday, November 28, 2017

We Just Cant Say "I Don't Know"


We Just Can't Say "I Don't Know"
It's Genetic
July 4, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

I met up with my sister and her husband to go to see the fireworks.  We walked along Columbus Avenue and found a spot where others had gathers so we assumed this must be a good viewing spot.  We had never been to these fireworks before so we really weren't sure but a crowd had formed so this must be a good place.

As we settle in, the women to my right ask me if they are at a good spot to watch the fireworks.  I assure them that they have the best view available.  They are so pleased with my statement and I am so happy that they are happy.  But then I think to myself, "What make you so sure this is a good spot.  You've never been there and there is a 20 story building to your right.  What if the fireworks shoot over to the right  Then we are in the worse spot."   I keep this thought to myself.

Then I hear someone speak to my sister.  He tells her he is with his family and they hope they picked a good spot.  "Do you think we are at a good spot,?" he asked her. Unflinching, Sharon informs him with  the voice of authority, "You have picked the best spot to watch the fireworks.  We are going to have the best view."  I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She had never been to these fireworks before.  How did she know?

Then it dawned on me. We must have a genetic disposition that does not allow us to say, "I don't know."  We just can't say it, no matter what.

Philadelphia, PA

No comments: