Saturday, September 30, 2017

Paris

Paris
France

I've been to Paris a few times and I don't like Paris.  I know everyone loves Paris.  But not me. I just can't warm up to the city.

I once went shopping with my sister and we both found a scarf we liked, the same scarf.  So we both bought one.  We asked the price and there was a language barrier. We were sure if we were paying $20 or $200 but it didn't matter to us.  We wanted a scarf from Paris.  It wasn't until our credit card statements came in that we discovered we only paid 20 bucks (thank god).

There are a few things I like about Paris:

  • The Louvre
  • The Impressionist Museum
  • wonderful food
  • Long baguettes and blocks of cheese
  • Croissants
  • The Left Bank
But there are more things I don't like about the city:


  • I don't like the new Pyramid structure at the Louvre.  The two architectural styles are in too much conflict for my taste.
  • It's too expensive.
  • Everyone drinks wine and it's hard to get a good beer.
  • I've tried to speak with my limited French but the people made fun of my poor skills so I don't try anymore.
  • I once asked a waiter if he spoke English.  He answered  "non" and asked in French if I spoke French.  I answered "no" and then he asked, "what do you want?" I went elsewhere to eat.

No comments: