Friday, September 29, 2017

Undeveloped

Undeveloped
Carpenter's Point, MD
Summer 2016

I found these rolls of film, tucked away in a long lost memory box. Some of these rolls go back 12 years.  Why didn't I get them developed back then?  And why did I hold on to them?  And where can I get this filmed developed now? No one develops film anymore.  I hate when I hold on to junk.

I checked a few sites and it may cost me up to $20/roll or $200 to discover that I took photos of nothing worth remembering. I didn't want to pay this money so I posted on Facebook and posed the question: Should I get them developed?  I thought for sure everyone would say "NO" and then I could justify throwing them out.  But everyone (127 people) said I should go ahead and take the risk.  Now, no one offered to throw me any money for this discovery. But people generally thorough it was worth the cost to discover some moment in my past.

I don't think I am going to get them developed.



No comments: