Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Honda Element

My Honda Element
2008-2017


  • 2003
  • There was one owner before me. 
  • I bought it in March 2008.
  • It had 47,000 miles when I bought it.  I thought the miles were too high. The dealer laughed at me, "This car will run until it hits 250,000 miles.
  •  I paid $15,000 for the car.
  • March 2015- the last time I put any money in to maintain this car with the exception of oil changes and two new tires.
  • March 2017- I was driving one night and it started to make a strange, pumping noise. This was the final straw.  I had not had any work done to the car in two years and I was on borrowed time. I went looking for a new car the next day.
  • There were 244,811 miles logged at trade-in.
  • The mechanic who assessed the car was stunned at how well this old car ran.
  • It had a $1200 trade in value which shocked me.
  • The Kelly Blue Book valued this car with this amount of miles at $2500.
  • I took a big road trip in December 2010: VA, TN, AR, NM, TX, MS, OK
  • I hauled a ton of junk in this car.
  • I bought the car so I could use it as a mini-camper.  It was my intention to take the back seats out, put in a cot and drive around the country.  I never did that and i have regrets.
  • I had one car accident- someone rear-ended me as she was texting and driving.
  •    

No comments: