Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I Don't Have A Nose




I DON’T HAVE A NOSE
Henan Province, China
November 2015

As we walk through the store, she complains a little bit.  “I really want a pair of sunglasses but I can’t wear them.”

Why?”

“Because I don’t have a nose, “she tells me.

“What? Yes you do,” I tell her, baffled by her comment.

“No, look, I don’t have a nose,” she insists.

She is touching her nose so I can’t see why she thinks that.  Bit when she removes her hand, I see that she is talking  about.  She doesn’t have a bridge to her nose. It’s flat from her eyes to the near end of the tip of her nose.  I never noticed that before.


“A lot of Chinese people don’t have noses.  But you have a big nose”, she tells me, “so it must not be a problem for you.”


To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com