Tuesday, April 28, 2015

THE DOG SHOW

 

A Dog Show – Sunday, April 19, 2015

I am on a quest to watch people fulfill their passions and always wanted to see a dog show.   So some friends invited me to watch their dog compete in a show in Baltimore, MD.  I park my car and wander around the parking lot.  The excitement is pliable as people open the back of their vans and pull out massive quantities of stuff and dogs.

I parked my car and called to connect with them. “It has already been worth the price of parking just to see all of these wackadoodles out here with their dogs”. I tell them.

There are dogs in little custom made booties.  Dogs are being rolled in on carts and groomed and trimmed and pimped.  Some dogs have their own exercise treadmills.  Their hair and fur are blown dry.  And their owners are obsessively pulling on their stumbled tails. “That’s to que him to  keep his tail erect.  That’s important that it stands straight up.” said one nervous handler.










No comments: