Monday, April 13, 2015

Tea Bitches- Part IV and the end of the story

This is the end of The Tea Bitches Story. The other parts can be found in this blog.

PART IV- May 2012- in Philadelphia PA


 It is May and I am back in Philadelphia.  After a few months, I am finally able to review my bank statements.  I go back to my February statement and look at my first ATM transaction in China. In February, upon arrive in China, I went right to the ATM machine in the airport.  I remember withdrawing 2000 Yuan (about $330).  I remember having 20 bills of 100 Yuan.  When I paid the bill at the Tea House, I gave the damn waitress everything I had. By my calculations, I had paid approximately $250 to those damn tea bitches. 

But now, a few months later and back in the USA, when I look at my bank statement, it clearly shows that I only withdrew 1200Y (about $200).

When I went to the tea house, the day after the incident and showed them the note form the security guard, I was immediately offered 700Y.  But I refused that offensive offer because I was adamant that I had paid 1500Y.

So now, there is a whole new twist to the story: if I really only paid 700Y, there is an 800Y surcharge that I collected from the tea house waitress.  No wonder she was so mad at me.  That means the tea bitches teachers each paid about 300Y which is about a week’s salary for them.  And the tea house waitress lost about 200Y. And I later learned that the local police are all in on this corruption.  They look the other way and then come collecting cut in the profits.  I am sure the police never got a cut in this deal.

Anyway, while I was in China, I had a coat custom made for me.  I didn’t know it at the time, but the tea bitches really paid for it.  And every time I wear this coat, I will think of them. Thank you tea bitches. I hope I taught you more than just English skills.

End of story.

 

No comments: