Thursday, December 28, 2023

Travel 2023

 Travel 2023


Virginia- January- I went to Brian's house to pick up Clay for our trip out west.

Colorado- January- with Clay.  He wanted to explre Colorado to see if he could spend the summer out here and train at a high altitude. Road Trip #1

Antigua- January- I only scheduled a week here and it just wasnt enough time to enjoy this beautiful beach. 

Asbury Park Nj- I have it in the back of my mind to rent a place at the Jersey beach for a week.  But I just cant seem to find the frotitude to make it happen;  Road Trip #2.

Dewey Beach DE- I went in search of the snow geese migration and I was terribly disappointed; Road Trip # 3.

Ireland- March 15-23 with Sally Doan. We stayed in a thatched roofed cottage on the shores of the Irish Sea.

Washington, DC- Cherry Blossom Season- Road Trip #4.

Ocean City- MD- April- this was a quick get away weekend to hang on the beach and try out a few breweries. Road Trip #5

Larchmont, NY- April- a quick visit to Kathy and family; road Trip #6.

Erie, PA- May- Bird festival; Road Trip #7. The festival was a bit of a bust.

South of Here- VA, TN, AL, WV- May 18-25:I drove to Alabama to go to the brewery-  Road Trip #8

Ocean City, NJ- Bird Rookery- Road Trip #9- in the middle of the bridge, in the middle of the bay is a rookery that has hundreds of nests of ibis, egrets and yellow crowned herons.

Maine- July 1- 8- Puffins- Road Trip #10. These birds are magical.

Utah and Colorado- July 11-18- Road trip #11

Larchmont, NY - July 22-23- Kelly's Christmas In July Party- Road Trip #12

Long Beach Island, NJ- August 24, 2023- Road trip #13

Avalon, NJ- September 11-13, 2023- Road Trip #14

Greenland and Iceland- Sept 17- Oct 4.  The world is beautiful.

Washington, DC- October 27- day trip with the German students.  We watched the House of Representative vote on a Speaker of the House.- Road Trip #15

Western New York- October 31- I went in search of the Southern Tier Brewing Company.  They make great beers.  I also hoped to see some beautiful fall foliage.  But I should have taken this trip two weeks ago.  Road Trip #16

Azures, Portugal- December 5-12


No comments: