Thursday, October 27, 2022

Jersery Cows

 

Jersey Cows

Isle of Jersey

Fall 2018

When people talked of Jersey cows, I always thought they meant cows from New Jersy, USA.  It never occured to me that these cows were from the Isle of Jersey. So when I went to Jersey and saw a billboard about these cows, I decided to be on the lookout for them.  And as my bad luck would have it, I didn't find any at all, not a single cow anywhere.

So, while I was in the cab, on my way to the airport to go back to the USA, I mentioned this fact to the cab driver.  And he was astounded that I hadn't see any cows in the last few days.

"When's your flight love?"

"In two hours", I responded.

"OK, we have plenty of time.  You can't leave Jersey without seeing one of our beautiful cows."  He turned the car around and drove to his friend's barn, opened up the door and told me to take a look.  And right in front of me were a few Jersey cows.

Now, I've seen Jersey cows.


No comments: