Monday, October 31, 2022

Century Club


Century Club 
A Traveler's Club

Membership in to the Century Club is not much more than bragging right.  Once a traveler can document that s/he has been to 100 places on the list of 300 options, that individual can join, pay a large fee and brag about visit at least 100 of the most exotic places in the world.

I am almost there with my 100 journeys. However, I am not joining becasue I am too damn cheap and don't see enough value to joining.  And I do not agree with the guidelines for counting a destination as being one you have achieved.  For instance, you can count a country even if you only were in the airport, as a lay-over.  I don't think that should count.

I like to travel and I have a yearly  travel goal: each year, a new country, a new state in the USA and a new city/own in Pennsylvania. And up until the pandemic started I have been pretty good at reaching that goal.  But now, I haven't traveled outside the USA since March 2020 so I have not met my yearly goal of a new country and I have probably forfeited the potential to visit 4 or 5 new countries during this time.

I am also finding that I am losing my edge with traveling.  I have become too content with just sitting around.  I really have to get back to that drive to just get up and visit some place I have never been before.  So I went on line and tried to see where did I fit in to reaching my goal.  Here is what I have so far: 

  • Alaska
  • Argentina
  • Antarctica
  • Aruba
  • Australia
  • Australian Antarctic Territory
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Bali 
  • Bangladesh
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Bhutan
  • Boreno
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • British Antarctic Territory
  • Cambodia
  • Canada
  • Chilean Antarctic Territory
  • China, People’s Republic of
  • Costa Rica
  • Curacao
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Ecuador
  • Egypt in Africa
  • El Salvador
  • England
  • Fiji Islands
  • Finland
  • France
  • French Antarctica (Adélie, Kerguelen) 
  • Galapagos Islands
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Greek Aegean Islands
  • Guatemala
  • Haiti
  • Hawaiian Islands- airport only
  • Honduras
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Indonesian Borneo 
  • Ireland 
  • Israel
  • Istanbul (see Turkey in Europe)- airport only
  • Italy
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Java (see Indonesia (Java)
  • Jersey
  • Jordan
  • Kenya
  • Korea, South (Republic of Korea)
  • Lativa
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Mexico
  • Mongolia
  • Morocco
  • Namibia
  • Nepal
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • New Zealand Antarctica
  • Nicaragua
  • North Borneo 
  • Norway
  • Norwegian Dependencies (Norwegian Antarctica)
  • Palestine
  • Palmer Peninsula (see Argentine Antarctica, British Antarctic Territory, and Chilean Antarctic Territory)
  • Panama
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Puerto Rico
  • Qatar- airport only
  • Russia
  • Scotland
  • Singapore
  • South Africa
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sweden
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Tibet
  • Turks & Caicos Island
  • United States (Contiguous)
  • Vatican City
  • Venezuela
  • Vietnam
  • Virgin Islands, British (Tortola, etc.)
  • Wales
  • Zimbabwe

No comments: