Friday, July 29, 2022

SCAM #7

EMAIL SCAM

A Message From A Friend 

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 3:22 PM ViMK wrote:


VICKI: Hi , Just wanted to check and see if I can ask for a favor? Thanks

ME: Sure, what's up? 

VICKI: Thanks for the response, I need to get an Apple gift card for my friend's daughter who is diagnosed with Stage 3 metastasized breast cancer, She had lost both parents to the disease (COVID-19. It's her birthday, but I can't do this now, the stores around here are out of stock and all my effort purchasing it online proved abortive. I was wondering if you could help me get it from any store around you ? and I'll reimburse you. kindly let me know if you can handle this so i can tell you the amount and how to get it to me.

MY RESPONSE TO THE SCAMMER:  Thanks for the scam email. I’ll let Vicki know she’s been compromised.  How terrible of you to steal from innocent people. I hope you burn in hell. 

 



No comments: