Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Road Trip 2021 #8

Road Trip 2021 # 8

In Search of Elk in the Wild

Elk County, PA

December 2021


  • VooDoo Brewery- I think I had the best beers I have ever had in this brewery.
  • Bank Brew Brewery- these beers were good but not as good as VooDoo.
  • Robin Hood Brewery- a great place for a great deal on flights.  Five pours were $9.
  • State College- I spent the first night in State College, home of Penn State University and my Alma Mater.
  • Ridgway- I was here 45 years ago and I forgot that this is a very attractive little town.
  • Elk County- there were tons of signs around, warning of wild elk in the area.  Of course, I didn't see any elk.
  • Shopping for damn EDC in Lowes and Pro Bass - because I was in such a heavy hunting area, I stopped at these stores to check on what Every Day Carry (EDC) tools they had which might interest me.
  • There were no elk to be seen anywhere but I did see lots of deer hunters as it was the first week of buck season.
  • I nearly ran out of gas.  I knew I needed to get gas at some point in the afternoon.  However, I was in such a rural area that there were no gas station options available to me.  I got down to just a gallon or two in my tank and that made me very nervous.
  • Damn M & Ms filled with caramel have become my new obsession.
  • As I sat in one of the breweries, I set a new beer goal: visit a brewery in every county in PA.

No comments: