Monday, August 30, 2021

OMG


OMG

Sias University

Henan Province, China

Spring 2013



I wrote to Carina this week. I hadn't heard from her for awhile and wanted to check in with her.  This is her response.  I am going to ask her if she even knows what OMG means.  My Chinese students were hungry to learn American slang.  Sometimes they would use expressions so out of context that it was comical.  Other times, like now, they used them with such confidence that I would forget that I was in China.


 

"OMG~" these are the first three letters came out of my mouth, how are you, Bridget? It's been a while.


I am good, I am doing an internship in Shanghai, it's almost finished. And I am helping with Jerrie with the translation programe for Women Symposium. Plus, if everything goes well, I will be in England in September. yeah~ 


How are you really? What are you up to? I have been dreaming that someday I could go to America to visit you, and Robert, well, I am going to England, who knows what's gonna happen next? Miss you all so much.
Love,
Carina

No comments: