Sunday, June 13, 2021

Road Trip 2021 #3

Road Trip 2021 #3

Mont Clare, NJ

April 7-8, 2021


  • Hanging with Heather, Steve, Elliot and Peter for a quick visit.
  • I arrived at 3:30 PM on Wednesday and left at 3:30 PM on Thursday.
  • Now that I am fully vaccinated, I was allowed to come up to visit.
  • I haven't seen these guys in a year because of Covid.
  • Steve is still working from home. What he wore to bed is also what he wore to work which is also what he wore to work the day before.
  • Elliot has changed tremendously in the last year.  What a big difference there is between a 2 year old and a 3 year old.His vocabulary is strong and he can really keep up with the conversation. And he really wants a relationship with people.
  • Steve ordered Mediterrain food for dinner.  As he and Heather were deciding what to order, he looked to me and said, "we aren't asking you your opinion because you like everything and it's just easier."  And that is the truth.
  • We attempted to have a nice happy hour on the rooftop of the apartment building.  But the furniture is not out at the moment.  Heather and Steve were annoyed.  But NYC was our skyline view so I was happy.
  • Peter is 5 months old and is too damn heavy for my perception of a newborn.  I think he should be about 6 pounds and he is already 15 pounds and almost too heavy for me to hold.
  • We spent several hours at a local playground that is so much fun for kids.  Elliot had a blast and I was absolutely exhausted. He got to try out his new bike with training wheels.
  • I stopped at the Tidal Brewery in NJ on the way home.

No comments: