Thursday, May 20, 2021

I Heard From Emily

I Heard From Emily

My Former Student

Rural China

Spring 2013


I heard back from Emily.  She is now working but is concerned about losing her English skills because she no longer has contact with anyone who does speak English.  It would really be too bad for her to lose these skills as they are really  marketable skills in China.  If she wants to maintain and improve her skills, she will need to work in one of the large cities.  But then she would have to leave her family and she is single.  So this option is unusual.





"Hi Bridget,I am glad to hear from you . I worked in a big factory as a administrator for human resource after i graduated. The factory was built in my city so it is convenient for me to go home. But during my work i had no chance to speak English . I can't use English daily . I was confused that whether i should change my position . I didn't want to forget my English . Though it is not good . I love English ,I dream that one day i can go abroad use my English. My mother didn't want me give up this position because she want me work in my hometown which she can see me every week . I afraid that if i did not use English frequently i will lost it someday . And i will lose the contact with you , jerrie and MaryAnn. I was afraid that happened one day. What should I do . Do you have any good ideas . What about your life after you leave sias. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Yours EMILY."

No comments: