Saturday, May 22, 2021

Bush Wants A New Name

Bush Wants A New Name

Rural China

Spring 2013


Bush is a 22 year old Chinese man who picked the name "Bush" as his American name.  Picking an American name is very common in China. He heard there was a famous American man with this name.  When I first heard this name, I just laughed and felt sorry for the kid for picking this name what has so many negative connotations in our country.  But then I got to know Bush and the name doesn't seem so silly to me.  He has grown in to that name.  But someone must have explained some things to him because he wants a new name.

So he wrote to my friend, Robert, and asked for his help.  Together, they settled on the name Liam.




Dear my friend Robert
Can you help me have a new English name .I want be a new man . You are knowledgeable So give me a new name .Then encourge me flighting for my life .
Friend Bush

No comments: