Wednesday, May 26, 2021

2000 Yuan


2000 Yuan

About $300

Coming to the USA


Selia just got back from telling her parents that she is coming to the USA.  It appears as if they have pooled all of their cash for Selia (about $300 which is an exorbitant amount of money for this family).  She is going to arrive at the airport at 1:00PM, the day before her flight and she is going to wait at the airport until her 6:00 AM flight the next day.


Dear Bridget,

My parents and my family are so grateful to you for providing me this trip. They think it is so generous of you. They do not want me to bother you too much so they have tried their best to get 2000 RMB for me as some spending money when I am in the USA. I know I am a lucky dog.
I have exchanged some money yesterday.

I don't think I will get a hotel near the airport when I am in Beijing, I have booked the train ticket to Beijing which will take me to Beijing at 1:00 pm on July 15th. So I will wait at the airport before the plane leaves.

I think according to the ticket you have booked for me, I only have one hour before I get on the plane to Los Angles when I get to Chicago. Do you think it is enough time for me to get through the customs and get a boarding pass?

Before I came back to SIAS, my mother told me 20 times not to forget to ask you if there is anything you want from China that I can take to you? So gifts will be necessary.

Do you know how much I am grateful to you for this trip?
Miss you
Love you
Selia
Sweet Selia love everyone who has come to my life! 

Selia Wang ( Wang Min 王敏)

No comments: