Monday, February 22, 2021

Hearing from Diane

On Dec 6, 2020, at 4:51 AM, Diane Simon wrote:

Hi,
Just checking up on you. Feeling a lot more optimistic since the election. It has been a rough four years. Hope you are doing your best to enjoy this holiday season. We must schedule lunch and a visit to the new Springfield High. I’m doing my best to avoid COVID exposure so I guess the lunch suggestion won’t work right now. Anyway, please respond to let me know how you are making out. Keep your head up! 😝❤️

MY RESPONSE:

 Why were you up at 5AM, sending out emails?  


It is great to hear from you. And yes, I am so relieved with the election.  I just don't  know what I would have done if that orange idiot won again. i would have lost all hope in the world. 

On a personal note, I have uterine cancer.  My prognosis is very good.  I just had a radical hysterectomy right before Thanksgiving and that went well.  I need to recuperate for another month and then I am going to start a radiation series and hopefully, they will get it all. This is the same cancer that my mother had.  So my oncologist promises to be as aggressive as possible.  I am optimistic and expect a full recovery. In the interim, I am in quarantine so that COVID does not interrupt my treatment schedule.

I am finishing 2020 on a high: 
  •      My prognosis is good
  •      No trump
  •      Kamala will become our first FEMALE president
  •      one niece just got engaged
  •      two new babies were born in my family in the last 4 months
  •      I’ve saving a ton on money since I don't have any travel expenses
  •      I have a ton of support from family and friends
  •      COVID has only been an inconvenience for me; it hasn’t devastated my life, my finances or my family.  I am one of the lucky ones (once again)
Let’s get together when we can.

Bridget



No comments: