Saturday, December 19, 2020

An Environment Project

An Environment Project

World Academy for the Future of Women

SIAS University

Henan Province, China

Spring 2013 

In the spring of 2012, I taught global leadership skills to college women in China. The curriculum centered around addressing the United Nationals Millennial Goals. Ultimately, each student designs and implements a project.


Peter is a member of the Men's Academy for the Future of Women.  He is involved in a project to make the Sias University campus cleaner.  The university, similar to all areas in China, has little to no trash removal. Consequently, there is an awful littering problem all over China.  Litter is everywhere.


One night, while the students were writing, I took 30 photos of used tissues which just thrown on the floor in my classroom.  My students could not understand why this concerned me.  

Asked one student, "Isnt the rest of the world just like us?"

After our discussion, more students became concerned about the trash problem on campus. And within the year, Peter decided to implement a project to address the issue.

 

 

LinkedIn

Peter Peng has sent you a message.
Date: 3/07/2013
Subject: Our Environmental Project

Hi ,Bridget .This is Peter . I am doing my environmental project .At the end of last semester ,we team finished one thousand pieces of paper questionary and about three handred piece online .Through our discussion ,we made plan of this semester .Right now , we are preparing an knowledge competition about how to protect SIAS .Look forward your reply .I will appreciate it any help from you .

Outline
Name:Love My SIAS
Outline:Through in SIAS carried out series of on " Energy saving and environmental protection" activities to protection SIAS environment.For example,environmental knowledge race, energy-saving Star, recycling waste books, publicity duplex print and Campus Green line to protection SIAS environment etc; to improve SIAS students of ring nurse consciousness, Increase SIAS students environmental knowledge; let students love SIAS ; let SIAS became more beautiful, let people has a new awareness of SIAS ; to achieve the environmental objectives of the eight Millennium goals of the United Nations.


Questionnaire About Sias students' Understanding on Campus Environmental Problems 

1,What environmental problems do you think are more serious ?
A . Littering every where B.spitting casually
C.abuse of once-only table ware and plastic bags D.waste of food,water and electricity
E.treading on the grass or snapping off the flowers F,all above
Else_________________________________________

2,Which place do you think has more serious environmental problems ?
A,teaching buildings B,dormitories 
C,dinner halls D,outdoors(road ways,playground,roma theater and so on)

3,What do you think is due to classrooms' environmental conditions ?
A,some students' awareness of keeping the room clean
B,lack of trash bins C,cleaner's untimely cleaning

4,What will you do if you want to drop trash but there is no trash bin ?I will _______
A,just litter or drop when nobody notice
B,look for a nearest trash bin and drop in
C,kep it in the pocket and drop it till see a trash bin

5,Do you think it 's necessary to set sorted trash bins ?If there are ,will you drop trash according to it's sort ?
A,Yes .I will B,Yes. That depends. C,No .I won't D,I have no idea

6,How long will you usually take to take a shower ?
A,5-15 minutes B,15-30 minutes C,30-50 minutes or more D,It depends 
E,I have no idea

7,Have you thought of recyclable use of water in daily life ?
A,Yes,I will do that B,Yes,but I do not know hoe to do that C,No,I won't

8,If the project "Love my Sias "starts formally, will you offer your support ?Will you take part in related activities?

A,Yes ,I will B,I will support silently and I will not involve activities
C,It depends D,I do not know

9,What steps do you think we can take to protect the environment in Sias?
1,_____________________________________________________________________________
2,_____________________________________________________________________________
3,____________________________________________________

No comments: