Monday, September 14, 2020

Comment on the Chen Guangsheng event

Winter 2012 


I sent a newspaper article to several of my Chinese students about Chen Guangsheng, a blind man who escaped the police.  They had not heard of the incident. Here is one response:


Comment on the Chen Guangsheng event




Actually I can’t get enough information about this event. What I know are just several pieces of news from BBC and my dear friend Bridget, Carol and Katrina, which are not enough for me to choose a position. So I’ll show my view on this according to what I heard and saw.

Indeed, I can’t help wondering why a blind man had the ability of “evading three rings of guards.” “He walked for hours, apparently alone.” He must be more worthy to hire than the guards.

Plus, it is said one way the layer suggested to deal with the ones who break the One-Child Policy is to fine them. However, I don’t think we are entitled to the right of distinguishing people according to their fortune, especially, when the anger that the poor hold against the rich is increasing.

But I’m in favor of the opinion that our government had better ensure the information available to the public. Hushing affairs up and keeping citizens blind is the most common practice of governments. They are always afraid that citizens are not civilized enough to keep the unification of countries. When it comes to China, the huge number of population causes more concerns of our government, which is certainly understandable. However, I believe there must be more pleasant and effective way to cope with problems. For instance, all the constitutions and regulations should be applicable to everyone fairly.

Conspiracy is not good to the development of human beings.

No comments: