Wednesday, October 28, 2020

2015 Brewery of the Year

 2015 Brewery of the Year

In My Humble Opinion


I love to go to a small craft brewery and try as many of their beers as I can.  This year, I got to several breweries and each of them had something great to offer but one brewery really stood out from the others.

 I visited:


16 Miles- DE
Cannonball Creek Brewing Company- CO
DuClay’s- MD
Gordon Biersch Brewing Company- CA
Iron Hill- DE
Left Handed Brewery- CO
McKenzie’s- DE
Mountain Toad Brewery- CO
Ocean City Brewery- MD
Oskar Blues – CO
Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery- CA
Speak Easy – CA
Tired Hands- PA


When I was in Colorado, I spent the afternoon at the Left Handed Brewery.  I was with my friend who is a shameless Coors Lite drinker.  But I convinced her to try a few different beers.  The beer man heard our conversation and came over and joined us.  I loved this because I always want to talk to other beer people about beer.

He had three different milk porters on tap: a regular porter, a nitro and a cask style porter.  He explained the difference to us and then he gave us a sample of all three of these beers and then we just sat for another hour or so and talked to him and everyone else who came in after that.  The beer was great.  The conversation was fun and the whole experience was enjoyable.

 Left Handed Brewery wins my 2015 Brewery of the Year Award.




No comments: