Friday, September 18, 2020

Dogfish Pumpkin Ale


Dogfish Pumpkin Ale
Dogfish Brewery
Rehobeth Beach, DE
Fall 2017

Last night, I had a draft of Dogfish Pumpkin Ale and just about started to cry because it was soooooooooooo good.  I just couldn't believe the favor.  So I immediately went to a beer store in search of a case of it. The case cost $46 which exceeds what I will pay for a case of beer.  So I had to settle for a four pack which cost $10 ( and also exceeds my price for a six pack of beer, let alone a 4 pack).  But I bought it anyway.

 I quickly drove home and put one bottle in the freezer and waited, in great anticipation, for 20 minutes.  I pulled the slightly chilled bottle out, popped off the top and poured in great anticipation.  I took that first sip and i flinched with a little disappointment.  This beer wasn't as tasty as the draft i had two hours ago.  I took a few more sips and again, it was good but it wasn't GREATTTTT!!!!!!!.

I guess the favor loses something between the draft and the bottle. So now I am in pursuit of another bar serving the Dogfish Pumpkin.  I will keep you posted on this very important developing issue.

No comments: