Thursday, April 30, 2020

Quarantine Day #33




Quarantine Day # 33
Corona Virus 
West Chester, PA
April 17, 2020



OMG, something happened today.  I was up and functioning by 10 AM.  By 11, I was dressed and on the road.  What's become of me!!???!!??  I stopped first at the bank to cash a check and the woman said, "have a nice weekend."  And I thought, "What???"  No day or moment distinguished itself anymore.  It is all the same day.  Anyway, I headed up to Washington's Crossing, along the Delaware River, a place that has always been on my bucket list.  It took me an hour to get there.  And, of course, it was closed.  So I took a drive to the Delaware River to get a sense of this historical crossing.  But the moment was lost in the chaos of the quarantine.  The park was closed until further notice. So I thought I would find a local brewery to support.

I found the River Head Brewery which has always been beer that I enjoyed so I was so damn happy.  I knew I would not be be able to stop in for a beer but at least I could support this place during an economic crisis.  The website said it was open so I would buy some beer to go. But it wasn't open so I left empty and heading home.  I stopped at the Locust Lane Brewery in Malvern and it too was closed even though the website said it was open.  And I stopped at Stolen Sun and it too was closed.  So much for my humble efforts to keep the economy rolling.  After a short nap, I called the Ironhill Brewery to see if I could pick up a 32oz growler. After much effort, they agreed and I got my beer and got a little bit shit faced.

I watched the documentary, Wild, Wild Country, and I need to talk to people about this event.  It's a story of religious freedom, cults, local culture, the justice system, tolerance, evil, corruption, redemption and personal freedom.  I am going to ask a few friends to watch this six part series as well.  And I am hoping that we can discuss it when we get together again and I am hoping that I can remember some of the key points as well.  

No comments: