Monday, April 20, 2020

Honoring My Mother on Her Birthday

Facebook Post
April 12, 2020


Honoring My Mother 
on Her Birthday
April 12, 1927

Bridget E Kelly is thinking about my mom in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.


Happy Birthday to my mother who would have been 93 today: April 12, 1927- May 9, 1998. She's been gone too long. She was a creative, artistic, strong-willed woman who encouraged my independence. But then again, she had to push all of us to be independent. She had 7 kids and she had to get rid of us or she would have gone crazy.

Happy Birthday to my mother who would have been 93 today: April 12, 1927- May 9, 1998. She's been gone too long. She was a creative, artistic, strong-willed woman who encouraged my independence. But then again, she had to push all of us to be independent. She had 7 kids and she had to get rid of us or she would have gone crazy.


Kathy Flatley Bandos : Only 71. Seems so young now that I’m closer to that age. I knew Jackie from when I was about 7. Many memories of sitting on the Kelly porch and listening to her sharp wit, which her kids inherited. Extraordinarily creative- the woman didn’t just sew, she reupholstered furniture! Great mom to her annoying kids and a great partner to her sweet Jim. Also a loving friend to many, including my parents. Lois speaks of her often.
I wish you all happy memories of her.

Bridget E Kelly: How fortunate our families have been to know each other.

Kathryn Shumaker : Lovely photo.

Teresa Kelly:  Aww my dad was so cute! Do you have this in a frame?

Bridget E Kelly: nope. I gave all these photos away a few years ago.

Sissy Sayer Staeger : Happy Easter and enjoy memories of a big family growing up together through lots of joys and craziness. Till we meet again my friend.😍

Joanne Murphy Pappalardo:  Today was my Father’s birthday also. Passed in 2011, a few weeks before his 92nd birthday. It was Palm Sunday!

Judy Jackson-Grier:  Beautiful photo ❤️

Joanne Murphy Pappalardo:  I know the feeling of making 6 kids being independent! Used to ask if they wanted toast or cereal for breakfast. Which ever they chose, I told them they could get it themselves!

Julia Kelly Maslanka:  She was a beautiful woman with so many talents. ❤️

Helen Dougherty : Mrs. Kelly was awesome and love this picture. Bridget, is that you on the right?

Swati Udita:  Happy Birthday!!!! <3 p="">

No comments: