Thursday, February 27, 2020

Winter



Winter
Likes and Dislikes



  • I love a blizzard, just one per winter.  I love being stuck in a house with a wall of snow outside. I love the silence of the night as all of us are home and off the roads.
  • I hate shoveling the snow and scrapping the snow and ice off my car.
  • I love snow days.
  • I kept my house at 57F.  I only increased the temperature if my hands got cold.  I hate cold hands.
  • I have tons of scarves that I wear all winter and in to the spring.
  • I sleep more during the winter than any other season.
  • I used to love to go sledding after it snowed but now I am too damn old to do that.
  • I went to Iceland in December once to see the Northern Lights and to see what it was like to be in 24 hours of darkness.
  • I drink more porters and stouts during this time. i also like winter ales that are released at this time.
  • The Women's March is in January and I have attended every one of them so far.
  • I like to spend a weekend at the beach in cold weather.
  • I have lots of winter hates but I don't wear any of them, not even my two mink hats.
  • I hate Christmas.
  • I like to put Jameson's Whiskey in my eggnog.
  • New Year's Eve is overrated.
  • I am becoming more of a professional football fan and the Super Bowl is more interesting to me over the last couple of years.
  • I've participated in Christmas Bird Counts in San Francisco, the Chesapeake Bay, York, PA and Bermuda.
  • I like to go to old row home neighborhoods and look at their Christmas decorations.
  • My grandparents were married on December 25.  My sister was married on December 27.  My parents were married on December 29. Two of my nephews were born in December.
  • When I worked, I always traveled during the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
  • I spent a New Year's Eve in Bermuda, London, Greece, Belize, Nepal, Galopogas, Chinatown, California, and other places.
  • I have leather mittens. They are my favorite mittens.
  • I have too many boots.
  • When it is cold, I drink honey whiskey.

No comments: