Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Arizona


Arizona

I've seen to Arizona several times and i like it more and more, the more i visit.


1978- When i was in college, I had this idea that i wanted to live in arizona one day.  i had never been there but i just thought i would love it it.  so i graduated form college, saved up my money and moved there.  i took the greyhound bus.  it took 2 1/2 days in sweaty, smelly bus stations.  i got there, got an apartment, got a bed and a job and just didnt like any of it.  A month later, I was home and this dream was dead.

1n 1990, my friend gave a presentation in Phoenix around Thanksgiving.  Four of us were there to support him.  We all decided that we would forfeit Thanksgiving with our families and all talked that it didnt matter to us. As the day progressed, we all became sentimental about the moment and later found ourselves as some sleezy chain resturant where we gorged ourselves on the mediocre buffet and laughed at ourselves.

2012- I has here for a weekend meeting.  I left a blizzard in MD and came here to a friend's house where it was so bright that I had to wear my sunglasses inside her house.

2018- My 15 year old nephew and I went exploring northern Arizona.  He wanted to see a desert so we went to the Painted Desert.  We also explored Antelope Canyon, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in the world.

2021- I was driving through the historical Route 66 and found my way in Winslow, Arizona, taking it easy.



No comments: