Sunday, January 26, 2020

Greetings From Bangladesh




Greetings From Bangladesh
December 2019


A text message I received from an aquainence from Bangladesh.  I was in the Philadelphia airport on my way to Bangladesh for 5 weeks and this is the message I received:


"First let me give you my local phone number  01749087740. However I am very bad with the phone so I have told Shahreen that you will call her if you do not get me and her phone number is 01730066767.  she is also in WhatsApp.  My US cell is 16105741746. You can Whatsapp me in that one as well, again I may or may not have it with me.

Looking at the address of the guest house, I think you will have a long drive to wherever you will be teaching.  You told me you were in Nepal, Srilanka, India, etc. All those are places distinctive for their character and the first one is breathtakingly beautiful.  Please be prepared for despairing disappointment for Bangladesh.  If I didn't have to visit my only sibling, I doubt that i would've ever come here!

What time will you be arriving on Monday and when do you want me to contact  you?
Looking forward to seeing you
Peace
Zakiya"

No comments: