Saturday, November 30, 2019

Nevada

Nevada
Las Vegas


2014- I went here in February for a quick escape from winter.  But it was the weekend that I filed to run for US Congress, District #1, MD.  I filed the papers in Annapolis to meet the filing deadline and I thought I would go away for a few days and then come back and start my campaign.  I didn't anticipate that this would make news and reporters would be calling me immediately.  I was surprised and unprepared for the moment.  I wanted to go home right away and get started on this task.

Instead, I wandered the boulevard, went to Hoover Dam and drove around the desert. And then I came home to my campaign.


2015- June- My friend, Charlene, was in her final stage of cancer and had a bucket list of things she wanted to do.  First on the list was to go to Vegas to see the Cirque du Soleil show, "O".  We got the most expensive tickets and we sat on the edge of our seats throughout the entire performance.  We loved it so much that we went to another Cirque show the next night.  In hindsight, I wish we just went to this show again because it was so damn intricate that I could have watched it again.

Incidentally, Charlene came home and never did another thing on her bucket list.  She died in December and her family played the soundtrack to "O" at her wake.

No comments: