Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Nebraska

Nebraska


2010

I was in Colorado for spring break and had read that the Sandhill Cranes were migrating through Nebraska.  So I rented a car and drove 4 hours to some open fields.  There were no signs of the birds and when I went to a visitor's center for some direction, I was told that they let this week and they are two to three hours north. Tha was jsut too far for me to drive on this trip because I had a plane to catch in Denver in two days.  So I turned the car around and headed back to Boulder. Mission aborted.


2021

I drove there here on my way back from my cross country trip on Route 66.  It was a bit out of my way but I wanted to visit a brewery in NB to add to my goal of a brewerey visit in every state.  So I found one, Peg Leg Brewery. I drank my beers, got back in my car and headed east.

No comments: