Thursday, February 17, 2022

1990

1990

Stroudsburg, PA

My age: 34-35

School: I was taking my second of what was to be, several Intro to Computers classes.  I had already taken the Intro to Radio Shack.  Now I was learning how to use the Apple IIE which became obsolete in the next year or two.

Work -Assistant Principal- Stroudsburg High School

Music- every Sunday, I religiously listened to Casey Kasem's Top 40 show.
  • "Hold OnWilson Phillips
  • "It Must Have Been Love" Roxette
  • "Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinéad O'Connor
  • "Vogue" Madonna- I didnt become a Madonna fan until the 2010's.
  • "Vision of Love" Mariah Carey
  • "Another Day in Paradise" Phil Collins
  • "Hold On" En Vogue
  • "Cradle of Love" Billy Idol
  • "Blaze of Glory" Jon Bon Jovi
  • "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" Michael Bolton
  • "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You" Heart
  • "Don't Know Much" Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville
  • "We Didn't Start the Fire" Billy Joel
  • "Downtown Train" Rod Stewart
  • "Rhythm Nation" Janet Jackson
  • "Ice Ice Baby" Vanilla Ice
  • "Blame It on the Rain" Milli Vanilli
  • "Have You Seen Her" MC Hammer
  • "How Can We Be Lovers" Michael Bolton
  • "U Can't Touch This" MC Hammer
  • "Janie's Got a Gun" Aerosmith
  • "Free Fallin'" Tom Petty
  • "King of Wishful Thinking" Go West
  • "Love Shack" The B-52's- OMG, I loved this song.
  • "I Go to Extremes" Billy Joel
  • "C'mon and Get My Love" D Mob with Cathy Dennis
  • "When I'm Back on My Feet Again" Michael Bolton- I loved this song.

Movies- I love, love, love to go to the movies.  Here are just a few that I watched this year/
  • Misery- this movie was so scary that it still frightens me to think about watching it again.
  • Dances With Wolves- this is a great epic movie.
  • Lord of the Flies- I loved the book and I loved the movie.
  • Postcards From Afar- that was one batshit crazy mother.
  • Ghost- Like everyne else, I thought this was a great romanitc story.
  • Gods Must Be Crazy II- I loved the first movie.  This movie was not as good.
  • Cinema Paradiso- this was a sweet movie.
  • Driving Miss Daisy- OMG, she was a bitch.

Travels- I went to Italy with my two friends.  They were expecting their first child and wanted to have one more trip together, alone, before they became parents and I barged in on this trip.  We went to Cinque Terra and loved it.

News Events Around The World
  • NASA’s STS-31 mission deploys the Hubble Space Telescope during April. T
  • The most complete skeleton of a T-Rex was found in South Dakota 
  • Nelson Mandell was released from prison and became leader of the African National Congress ( ANC ).
  • Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average  2633 
  • The demolition of the Berlin Wall began during June.
  • The Leaning Tower of Pisa is closed to the public due to safety concerns of it falling over.  I visited the tower in 1973 and i thought the tower was leaning so much then that I wouldnt climb it.
  • Saddam Hussein ordered Iraq invasion of Neighboring Kuwait.
  • Operation Desert Shield began as the United States and UK sent troops to Kuwait. It was a short war
  • Lech Walesa became president of Poland.  I thought he was a strong leader. 
  • "The Simpsons " was aired on Fox for the first time.  To this date, I have never watched the show.
  • The US entered a Major Recession and I am oblivoius to it because I dont have any damn money.
  • A formal ban on the Trade of Ivory was introduced 
  • Industrialized countries agreed to stop dumping waste into the oceans of the world. 
  • Margaret Thatcher announced her resignation as British PM after John Major was chosen to lead the country and conservative party. 
  • East and West Germany reunited, including currency and economies.  Both sides were now free to travel within the entire country. 
  • President George Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev signed a historic agreement to end production of chemical weapons 
  • Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to lessen Cold War tensions and reform his nation. This award was well deserved.
  • Channel Tunnel workers from the United Kingdom and France met 40 meters beneath the English Channel seabed, establishing the first ground connection between the United Kingdom and the mainland of Europe since the last ice age. 
  • Art thieves stole 12 works of art from the Isabella Gardner Museum in Boston. 
  • Namibia gains independence From South Africa. I didn't hear this news and in 2004, I traveled to this country that was completley unfamilar to me.
  • Boris N. Yeltsin became president of the Russian republic. 
  • Depletion of the Ozone Layer was discovered above the North Pole
  • Milli Vanilli's producer revealed that the duo were lip synching in the songs on the album which gained them a Grammy award.  I was so annoyed with them.

Family news:

My sister, Patricia, had her first child.  There were complications at his birth and my sister nearly died.  Two weeks after his birth, there were delayed complications and she needed back in the hospital. this birth was filled with highs and lows.





No comments: