Sunday, April 28, 2019

New York


New York, New York

My kind of place. I like to visit here but I don't think I would like to live here. It costs too damn much.
  • Times Square
  • Broadway shows
  • half price ticket place.  I have spent too much time in this line.
  • Chinatown has outstanding restaurants.
  • The MOMA
  • Busy streets
  • Taxis
  • Central Park
  • Watching the Macy Parade on Thanksgiving.
  • Pauline and Ed Fitzgerald.
  • The George Washington Bridge, it's so damn  expensive to cross.  I think it is &15 now.
  • The Lincoln tunnel: every time I drive through it, I worry that a tile will pop out and flood the  the tunnel and I was drowned to death.
  • Taking the mega bus from New York to Philadelphia is so convenient and reasonable.
  • The Pyramid Club is the shit hole that cost $5 to get in and PBR beer is only $2 a cup. It's the only reasonably priced venue in the whole damn city. But, it is a shithole.
  • Statue of Liberty
  • Taking a patient for cancer treatment at the Atkins Institute. These treatments were not covered under his medical insurance and so he had to stop treatments and die so that he had enough money for his wife with Alzheimer's to live. Nobody in this country should have to make that decision. What's wrong with us.
  • Chestnuts roasting  on an open fire
  • When I am with my German friends in Manhattan we walk all damn day. We take over 13,000 steps every single day we are there and then I ache and ache and ache and ache. I can't keep up with them.
  • Ralph Rucci Fashion Week show- September 2014.
  • Expensive food
  • Expensive drinks
  • Massive crowding
  • Taking the subway
  • Fashion week
  • I never buy anything because it's too damn expensive
  • Okay sometimes I buy for the street vendors but all their junk is ripped off from other merchants
  • Deli sandwiches- I love pastrami and corn beef.
  • The David Letterman show- I went to one fo his first shows when he moved to NYC.
  • The Jon Stewart show- I went to one of his last shows.
  • River Dance- this show was thrilling to watch.  It did not have the same magic when I watched it a second time, 20 years later.
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Les Miserable- I love this play
  • Good night Saigon
  • Off Broadway
  • Walking the Brooklyn Bridge
  • The 9/11 Memorial is too sad.
  • Great pizza
  • Top of the rock
  • The Empire State building
  • The Statue of Liberty
  • On Broadway and Time Square
  • New Year's Eve celebrations
  • Saint Patrick's day parade
  • Saint Patrick's cathedral
  • Kinky Boots, the musical
  • Bookstores galore
  • Listening to the New York City ballet Orchestra listening to my friend,  Rick Chamberlain on trombone
  • Sitting in the basement of the mat waiting for Rick to finish his performance right cap.and then go out for a night cap.
  • The biggest Christmas tree on the ice skating rink
  • All of those big expensive fifth Avenue store's but I would never I am because everything cost stupid fortune I don't like feels my money is being stolen for me with My cooperation
  • I did buy boots on 5th Avenue because I was desperate but I wore those boots every winter for three seasons
  • The bachelorette party for Gabby Kendall which was great fun but too much damn money for one evening.- 2009
  • OK, we did go to the Pyramid Club that night and it was only $5 to get in and $2 for PBR beers.
  • Intense traffic all the time.
  • Crossing the street is an effort even if you have the green light.
  • Spending the week in Manhattan with the German students to insist what eating at that dreadful Fish restaurant with the Tom Hanks movie thing
  • Staying at the Waldorf story a hotel as a young kid and ordering Coca-Cola's for room service and feeling like 1 million bucks.
  • The Rockettes and the Christmas show.
  • Carmen, the Opera




No comments: