Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Getting Rid of My Gall Bladder


Getting Rid of My Gall Bladder
West Chester, PA
November 26, 2018


OMG, what an easy procedure!!!!

I had four episodes of extreme abdominal pain in just a two moth period.  The last episode involved vomiting which was my trigger that something was going on that wasn't go to go away just because I chose to ignore the situation.

After a visit to the doctor and a series of blood tests and an ultrasound, it was concluded that the gall baller had to come out.  However, there was one slight problem.  I had a big trip to the Arctic Tundra that I didn't want to miss.  The surgeon didn't really suggest that it was OK to go.  She did warn me of the risk of my gall bladder rupturing and being stuck in a place where there was minimal to no medical care.  She had a good point but was not compelling enough to keep me from going. So, the day after we met, I was off to Churchill, Canada.

So I went to the Arctic Tundra for the next week and come home and two days later, had the surgery. It was painless and I was up and around in two days.  I can't believe someone cut four holes in to me and I felt fine.






No comments: