Thursday, April 25, 2019

Favorite Types of Movies


Favorite Types of Movies

I love to go to the movies.  I could go twice a week if my schedule allowed it and there was enough for me to see. And there are some movies that come out in the previews and I put their release dates on my calendar.  I don't necessary have to see them on the first day of the release but I do rush to the theatre so that I don't procrastinate and miss the opportunity to see it on the big screen.


1- surfing movies- I have never surfed in my life.  I cant even swim.  In 1990, I got caught in a riptide and my confidence in hanging at the edge of the ocean waves is shot to hell.  But I am enamored with surfing movies ever since I saw The Endless Summer in 1964. I loved Into the Liquid.

2- Mt. Everest themed movies- I must have 20 DVDs on this topic.
  • In Thin Air
  • Everest
3- anything that takes place in India- I love, love love India and I cant get enough of it.  I loved Slumdog Millionaire, Born to the Brothels, The Darjeeling Limited, Life of Pi, The Best Exotic Magnolia Hotel, Namesake and the list goes on and on.

4- Wes Anderson- I have seen all of his movies and I own most of them (on DVD) and I watch them over and over again. Darjeeling Limited is my favorite.

5- Werner Herzog- he takes on mundane topics and makes them come to life. I've watched his movie on Antartica about five times.  I loved his movie where he followed trappers in Siberia.

6- Nature themes
  • Wings Migration
  • March of the Penguins
  • Born in China

7- All Harry Potter movies and the new offshoots of this magical theme- I have seen them all and I love the magic.

8- Movies made from my favorite female books, where the women are the heroes.:
  • The Joy Luck Club
  • Eat, Pray, Love
  • Color Purple
  • Freid Green Tomatos
  • Hidden Figures
  • Babette's feats
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • The Help
9- National Geographic Movies

10- IMAX movies- I particularly like these moves when I am traveling to different regions of the USA and the tourist welcome center offers one of these movies to show me what is ahead for me to see.  I just saw on on the Grand Canyon a few months ago and we flew right in to the heart of the canyon.  It was thrilling.

No comments: