Sunday, January 13, 2019

Walking With Pinta

Walking With Pinta
West Chester, PA
June 2018

Maybe she is 90.  I'm not sure but she isn't any younger than 85.  She lives in the same apartment building as I do.  And consistently, she also volunteers as an usher at the local theatre with me.  So we are at an event and it is now dark when we leave the theatre so I offer to walk home with her. It's s short walk but I walk slowly so that she doesn't feel a need to exhaust herself by keeping up with me.

Our pace is steady and our conversation is pleasant.  But then we feel a few rain drops.  The clouds are beginning to open up and we have about another three minutes before we are home.

She looks to me and says, "Look, you are going to have to pick up your pace if you don't want us to get wet."

And with that, she moved with a quickness and purpose that stunned me and caused me to admire this spry, old woman.

No comments: