Friday, January 25, 2019

Kentucky




Kentucky
The Bluegrass State

October 17 & 18, 2018

My 47th USA State Visit


  • There are lots and lots of distilleries around here.  I didn't go to any of them as I am not a whisky or bourbon drinker and I was driving.

  • There is plenty of available land for millions of immigrants.

  • The clouds linger around the top of the mountains and create a mist as I drive through them.

  • My intent was to leave TN at noon and go to Lincoln's house by 4 PM, spend an hour there and then drive two more hours to cut down my draining on Tuesday.  That didn't happen and I didn't get to KY until date five so I just had to find a hotel room and continue with my quest to see Lincoln's birthplace in the morning.
  • I stayed at the America's Best Value Hotel for $57. This price included very slow WIFI, no ice and a crappy breakfast.
  • I headed to Flywheel Brewery for a quick flight of beer and tacos from the food truck.
  • I was one of the first at the Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace National Park in the AM, the next morning, and the moment was underwhelming.

No comments: