Monday, January 28, 2019

Dear Ladies

A letter from my Dad while my sister, Sharon, and I were attending Penn State University.




April 5, 1976


Dear Ladies,

This is a joint letter ala Ida style. (Our grandmother always sent group letters.)

First enclosed is further evidence of our encouragement to you to continue to keep up the good work.   (As always, he sent us a check from time to time which keep us in beer.)

Everyone at home was pleased that Shannon received so many votes. Now you know how the Republicans feel when they offer the Best candidates and vote in Second Best(Sharon ran for president of the Student Government organization as a write-in candidate)

The big three (Brian mom and I) have been hitting the shore on a regular basis. Last weekend we had to Carlins, next week in the Cameaus. The weather has been very pleasant. Unfortunately, I always gain several pounds after eating goodies all day(My parents had a beach house on Long Beach Island, NJ in addition to their home in Philly.  Brian was my 6 year old brother.)

In less than a month Jimmy will graduate from college. I can’t believe that there will be a Kelly kid not attending school. I think he’s going to stay with the restaurant for the time being. (Jimmy has a year older than me.  Sharon was a year younger than me and we also had another brother In college this year.)

We are all looking forward to seeing our upstate students.

Lots of love,
Dad

No comments: