Wednesday, November 28, 2018

X Y Z Memories


X Y Z
Thoughts and memories and things

X

X-rays- I can look at them but I can't read them.
X Box- I have never played with an X Box and I am not really sure I know what one looks like.
X Chromosomes- yup, that's me, a female.
Xerox-a noun that became a verb.
Xenophobia- fear of strangers or foreigners- I think I have the opposite of this phobia.  When I hear an accent, I want to know where that person is from.

Y


  • Yellowstone National Park- 2005- Wyoming- I went dog sledding.
  • Year of the Dragon- 2012- I taught at Sias University in China for the spring semester.
  • Youth- gone, gone, gone.
  • Yodeling- I like to yodel but I am more loud than talented.
  • Yellow- I don't really like this color.
  • Yield- I need to yield more as I go through life.
  • Yacht- I consider buying a 50 foot yacht and anchoring it in a marina and using it as a weekend get away.  I am glad I didn't because we all know that boat stands for Bring Out Another $Thousand.
  • Yards Brewing Company- PHL- a lovely place to have a beer.
  • Yarn- I had a loom for 35 years so I collected a ton of yard in my life.  And I used the loom twice.
  • YUP, I Ate ThatI've had the good fortune to travel a lot and I have eaten some pretty gross things.  Here are a few things I've tired (but never again): pig's ear, locust, jellyfish, Rocky Mountain Oysters- Bull balls, cow intestines, cow stomach, frogs, tarantula, grubs, yak butter tea, blood pudding, minnows, fermented mare's milk, warthog, oryx, live meal worms.
  • Yaks- Tibet- they are big, smelly beasts of burden. I chose not to ride one.
  • Yolk- I always like my egg yolks to be hard.
  • Yurts- I stayed in several of them in Mongolia but they call them gerts.
  • Yawn- I yawn a lot.
  • Yell- I can really yell.
  • Yams- yea, I like them but I don't eat them that often.
  • Years- 62 and counting.
  • Yelp- I add reviews but I don't read other people's reviews.


Z

  • Zebras- I could look at them all day.out her.
  • Zelda Fitzgerald- I was intrigued by her when I was in college.  I read as much as I could ab
  • Zimbabwe- a great place to go on safari.
  • Zeno's- one of my favorite Penn State bars.
  • Zip codes- I can never remember my damn zip code.
  • Zodiacs- I like to ride in them.  But they are an effort for me to get in and out of them.
  • Zest for Life- some days this is high for me.  Other days, I'm zapped.
  • Zapped- an accurate description of my energy level on some days.
  • Zombie- Some days I take on zombie qualities.
  • Zoos- I don't necessary like them.  I prefer to see animals in the wild.
  • Zweiback crackers- hate them.
  • Zoology- the older I get, the more interested I have in studying animals.
  • Zealot- I think of this as a negative term for some religious people.
  • Zanzibar- I was scheduled to go there but then there was some minor political unrest there right before an election.  So my Peace Corp friend from Tanzania was not allowed to go.  So we all forfeited this opportunity.
  • Zygote- the debate over abortions.  Is this a life form yet?

No comments: