Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Just Wait Til 3

Just Wait Til 3
Yet Another Coping Quote of my Mothers
School Days
1961- 1973

In hindsight, I feel sorry for my mother for all she had to endure as she raised the 7 of us.  My dad worked as a lawyer and then taught at two local college in hopes of getting some sort of tuition relief when we all started college.  So he was busy and my mother was left to fend for herself against all of us.

She loved school days.  They were her sanctuary moments of freedom from constant demands and stupid comment and sibling bickering. She loved these moments alone.

So when one of us announced in the early morning that we were sick, panic would set in.  She would do everything to convince us that it was all in our twisted little heads.  We were fine and this moment of nausea would shake off as soon as we found ourselves, safely seated in our dreary classroom in our dreadful school.

If we persisted that we were sick, she would bargain with us, "Just give ti a try.  Go to school and if you aren't feeling better by 3, I'll come get you."

School ended at 3:15 PM.

No comments: