Friday, October 26, 2018

Hard liquor

Hard Liquor
No Thanks



  • I don't drink much hard liquor.  I am a beer drinker and I like to gulp my beverage so I can't drink hard liquor or wine.  I get too damn drunk when I do.

  • I had a run-in with gin in 1973 and the smell of that poison still makes me sick today.  I was showing off on my first night of college and I drank about a 5th, straight up, all by myself.  I weighed about 120 lbs at that time and I didn't feel well the next day.  And my room mated were worried that they had a crazy person on their hands.

  • I had a run in with Blackberry Brady in 1978.  That is off my list of options.

  • I had a run-n with Grand Marnier in 1979.  That is off my list of option

  • I like a margarita every once in a while.  Sometimes I like it on the rocks and other times I like it straight up.  Sometimes I order it with a salt rim and sometimes I don't.  and when I do have one with salt, i usually remove all the salt after the first sip.  I don't know why I bother to order it with salt at all.

  • I do like White Russians but they are evil.  They are too fattening, too sweet and too easy to drink.  So it is too easy for me to have too many, too soon and then I have a serious problem.

  • Sometimes, I like an Irish coffee but lately, they have been too sweet for me to drink.

  • I buy those little 2oz bottles of alcohol and keep them in my freezer.  I have 30 of them in there now.  I bring them to parties from time to time and randomly give them out.  it's a great way to start a discussion with strangers. We compare alcohols and trade them and rate them.

  • I can drink a Mojito every four years. 

  • I own shot glasses but I never use them.


  • I don't do shots anymore.  I did when I was younger but those days are long gone.  The recover period is days now.




No comments: