Thursday, August 30, 2018

A Letter From My Dad



A Letter From My Dad
Philadelphia, PA
Christmas Night, 1997

I left my gifts with my parents and I went to Europe to visit with my sister.  We had plans to meet my parents in London in a few days.  But that didn't matter to my father.  A thank you note had to get out ASAP.


12/25/97

Dear Bridget,

Thank you for the CDs, the shirt and the pajamas.  I like Lawrence Welk and his show better when you can see the performers.  I think I like music I can understand and is either patriotic or sickening sweet. I was looking for a shirt like you gave me.  I intend also to take the PJ’s to London. I hope to see you there.

Last night, Christmas Evening, we had the Jim Kelly family, except Teresa who is in Alabama, Cindy & Brian and the Anderkos. On the previous Sunday Kathy & Jim & the family visited us.  Tonight, Tricia and Bill & your movie friends came over and we opened up their gifts and your gifts.

I am sure you are looking forward to 1998 with optimistic anticipation. You will so a great job and your many supporters will be vindicated.

Thanks for all your help with Jackie.

Lots of love,


Dad


To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com

No comments: