Monday, June 18, 2018

Bush Wants A New Name


Bush Wants A New Name
Sias University
Henan Provence
China
Fall 2012

I taught in China during the spring semester of 2012.  All of my students had "American" names. Bush was a 22 year old college student who picked the name "Bush" as his American name.  He heard there was a famous American man with this name.  When I first heard this name, I just laughed and felt sorry for this kid for picking this name that had so many negative connotations in our country.  But then I got to know Bush and the name didn't seem so silly to me.  He grew in to that name.  But someone must have explained some things to him becasue he wants a new name. He sent me an email:



"Dear my friend
Can you help me have a new English name .I want be a new man . You are knowledgeable So give me a new name .Then encourge me flighting for my life .
Friend Bush"

To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com


 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com

No comments: