Thursday, May 31, 2018

H


H
A few thoughts and memories and things:
  • Helen Dougherty- my childhood friend since 1970.
  • Hemingway's Home- 2013-Key West, FL
  • Henley Regatta- 1982- London- what elegance
  • Howard Watrous- my great uncle.
  • Hermitage Museum- Russia- 2013- I only spend an afternoon here but I could have spent days here.
  • High School Principal-  I was a principal at Stroudsburg High School and Springfield High School
  • Heather- my niece and goddaughter.
  • High Tea- I had High Tea in Hong Kong and London.
  • Hill Tribes- Thailand.  I hiked through the hill  tribe region for five difficult days in 1992.
  • Hindu temples- India, Sri Lanka, Nepal
  • Hofbrau House- 1979- Munich, Germany- I got kicked out of this place for standing on the table and singing the Canadian national anthem.
  • Holocaust Museum- I went here once in 1993, shortly after the museum opened and I only went to exhibits that focused on healing and the day was so damn draining.
  • Havana- on my bucket list.  I want to spend 4 days here and just take photos.
  • Hoover Dam- 2015- what a work of genius.
  • Horseback Riding- I HATE this activity.
  • Hot Air Balloon- I took a ride fro my 50th birthday in Steamboat, CO- 2005.
  • Hot Spring State Park- WY- I soaked in thermal water all afternoon in the middle of the winter.
  • Hitler- how did he come in to power? Just watch Trump.
  • Hot Sauce- nope,  I don't like a hot taste on my food.
  • Hoagies- I like maybe one a year but I couldn't eat them every day as some people do.
  • Harper Valley PTA- a strange song.
  • Hubert Humphrey- he was unknown as a vice president and so it was no surprise that he didn't win the presidential election against Nixon, the nut.
  • Halloween- as a kid, I loved this holiday.  As an adult, I didn't care about it.
  • Hotel Hersey- PA- a great place to indulge in chocolate.
  • Hot tubs- I've owned three and each time I buy one, it is larger than the last one.
  • Hillary Clinton- 2016- I was her campaign coordinator for Cecil County.
  • Hospice care- My two friends, Charlene and Darcy both received very good care in hospice.
  • High School- 1969-1973- these days were a challenge for me, academically and socially.
  • Haiti- 2013- I spent six weeks there this summer, running a summer program.
  • Honduras- 2011- I went snorkeling here.
  • Hawaii- on my bucket list.
  • Haiti Family Initiative- 2013, 2014- a summer program in Jacmel.
  • Hook- my favorite Peter Pan movie.
  • Honey Whisky- this is the only whisky I can drink and even then, I cant drink a lot of it.
  • Hanging With Friends- I like to spend the afternoon in a bar, drinking beer and hanging with friends.
  • Hot dogs- If someone else makes them, then I love hot dogs but I would never make one for me.
  • Hogan's Heroes- I thought this TV show was so damn funny and showed our intellectual superiority to the Nazis.
  • Holland- 1979- I remember lots of colorful flowers.
  • Happy Together- Turtles-  one of my favorite songs of the 1960s.
  • Hale Brewery- WA- 2017-YES
  • Happa Brewery- CA- 2015- YES
  • Happy Valley Brewery- PA- NOPE
  • Heavy Seas Brewery- MD- 2012- one of my favorites
  • High Altitude Brewery- WY- 2016- yea
  • Hacker Pschor Brewery- Germany- 2016- I went to Oktoberfest at this brewery.
  • Hollow Earth Brewery- PA- it's OK.
  • Hong Kong- 1994, 2005- I am not particularly fond of this city.
  • Hank- a TV show in the early 1960s where a young man snuck in to college to get ahead in life.  I cheered for his success.
  • Hamburgers- some days, there is nothing better than a rare hamburger with provolone cheese, mushrooms, onions, bacon and blue cheese dressing.
  • Halloween Parades- NYC- 2013
  • Hartman's Amusement Park- 1973- summer job and it was degrading to work here.  The owners made one sexual comment after another.
  • Hamburg, Germany- 2013
  • Hollywood- it doesn't hold my interest.
  • Hell- my final destination.
  • Howard's Seafood Restaurant- 1976- long Beach Island, NJ- my summer job- we sold deep fried lobster and it was so damn good.
  • Hal Ketchum- he's sort of country; he's sort of rock and his voice is beautiful.
  • Honduras- 2011- the women weave beautiful fabrics.
  • Hungry- 2007- I went here with my brother.
  • Harvard Square- MA- 1995- I took a group of students here for a Model UN Conference.  There were some sharp minds there that weekend.
  • Howling At The MoonCarpenter's Point, MD- January 2015 This particular night was  a perfect night to howl with the moon. So I did.  My neighbors told me to stop howling. I hate them.
  • Hello vs Hi: I think I use hello more.
  • Hawaii- I have to get there some time soon.
  • Horse Shoe Crabs- They arrived every Memorial Weekend, hundreds of them lined the bulkhead along our house that overlooked Barnaget Bay, NJ. We would go down in to the water at low tide and try to find the longest string of entwined crabs.  They linked together by their tails, five or six or more locked together.  We would pick up the cluster of them and show off these pre-historic creatures.  Then we would fling them back in the water.

No comments: