Sunday, April 1, 2018

April 2017


APRIL 2017


  • April 1- PA-bought a membership to the Bryn Mawr Film Institute.  More movies are in my horizon. Saw United Kingdom with Deb and Lisa.
  • April 2- PA-went to an afternoon party at Sissy Staeger's house with Lucinda Taber.  Later we went to see the movie, Beauty and the Beast.  I loved it.
  • April 3- MD-we had a library foundation meeting and then went for drinks at the Irish pub.
  • April 4- MD- received a notification that an apartment in West Chester, PA will be available for me in June.  I cant wait.  I had dinner with Jaye and Dom.
  • April 5- MD- taxes are done.  I only owed $5000 this year. I hate this day.
  • April 6- PA-we had a wild, wild wind storm.  I think we had a tornado.  I drove to Stroudsburg to see Darcy.
  • April 7- PA-took Darcy to her cancer doctors in NYC.  When we got back to Stroudsburg, I went out with the Frantz to celebrate National Beer Day.
  • April 8- PA-Jim, Sue and I went to visit Darcy in the afternoon.  We don't have many of these days left. Darcy is really failing fast. I hate cancer.
  • April 9- DE- finally, finally, we had a beautiful day so I drove to Bombay Hook to find wild birds. I didn't see much.
  • April 10-  MD- found some new podcasts that are interesting.  I love a good story.
  • April 11- PA- a tough day today.  My cousin's granddaughter's funeral.  She committed suicide and she was only 15.
  • April 12- DE- An Evening with David Sedaris at the Grand Opera House in DE with Jaye and Sharon.  It was great fun.  This man can tell a story. On an unrelated bent, Mom would have been 90 today.
  • April 13- PA- Investment club.  We are making money. Lunch with Kathy Bandos.
  • April 14- MD- a facial, a few beers with Joann and a soak in the hot tub.  A relaxing day.
  • April 15- MD- finally went food shopping after my refrigerator broke two weeks ago.
  • April 16- DE- Easter dinner in Wilmington with the Anderkos.
  • April 17- DE- took three Apple classes today: Pages, ICloud and Music. I'm getting organized.
  • April 18- PA- dinner and movies with Sharon.  We saw a movie on Van Gogh.
  • April 19- NJ- headed to Cape May, NJ. Stopped in at the Cape May Brewery for a quick flight.
  • April 20- NJ-went to the Cool Springs Brewery.  Ended the day by attending the Telluride Mountain Film Festival at PSU (Great Valley campus).
  • April 21- MD-a few errands, time at the library, a fire in the back yard, and a movie at home.
  • April 22- MD- I burned a lot of things today (a clothes tree, a market umbrella, etc) in my attempt to rid of things.  I can't seem to get out from under my junk.
  • April 23- DE- a trip to Augsutine Wildlife Refugee  was unproductive.  Stopped by the Brickworks Brewery.
  • April 24- DE- went to a Great Dames event with Sharon.
  • April 25- MD- lots of rain on a day that I planned for gardening.
  • April 26- MD- dinner with Betty and John at the Wellwood. John looks great. He is gaining weight now that he is on new cancer medicine. No gardening today.
  • April 27- PA- met Katie Prible for drinks.
  • April 28- DE- bird trip to Lewes, DE. Dinner at Dogfish Brewery. It was a fun day.
  • April 29- PA- Pub Crawl with Jaye  and Dom in Phoenixville.
  • April 30- DE-spent the night at Jaye's house.  Dom made breakfast for us.  Some gardening in the afternoon, but not enough.  The garden is taking over.


No comments: