Sunday, November 19, 2017

Getting It Done

Getting It Done
A Thank You Note From My Dad
1997


My father was task-oriented. He liked to get things done.  So it was no surprised to see that his thank-you note to me for his Christmas gift was written on Christmas.  It was probably mailed early in the morning the next day and on its way.  That man was predictable this way.



12/25/97

Dear Bridget,

Thank you for the CDs, the shirt and the pajamas.  I like Lawrence Welk and his show better when you can see the performers.  I think I like music I can understand and is either patriotic or sickening sweet. I was looking for a shirt like you gave me.  I intend also to take the PJ’s to London. I hope to see you there.

Last night, Christmas Evening, we had the Jim Kelly family, except Teresa who is in Alabama, Cindy & Brian and the Anderkos. On the previous Sunday Kathy & Jim & the family visited us.  Tonight, Tricia and Bill & your movie friends came over and we opened up their gifts and your gifts.

I am sure you are looking forward to 1998 with optimistic anticipation. You will so a great job and your many supporters will be vindicated.

Thanks for all your help with Jackie.

Lots of love,


Dad

No comments: