Monday, September 18, 2017

Olivia's Grandmother

Olivia's Grandmother
Sias University
Henan, China
Fall 2013


I just heard from Olivia, one of my former students in China. Olivia's grandmother died last week.  As usually, she did not go home to the funeral because the expense is too much.  So instead, she stayed alone in her college dorm, in her sorrow.  That broke my heart because Olivia is someone who loves everyone and she should have been with her family.

Several of us from the USA called her or wrote to her.  This is her email response:


Dear all,
> I am so grateful that can got your encouraging email, about my
> greatgrandma's death. When I got the bad news two days ago, I could
> not help my tears, I know that will happen when my aunt told me
> ,mygradma did not eat anything, she was just laying in the bed and
> peaceful...but I never it happened so fast that I thought, I was
> planning to back home ,and visit her , but it will be never happen. we
> were so close when I was a little girl, she lived in my house so many
> years...however , I got your email , I felt much better , you are not
> just consider mt a lot ,and my family members also, that's really
> touch my soul. Thank you very much ,thank you very much.
>
> Love you all,
>
> Olivia
> --

>

No comments: