Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My Top 10 Favorite Places In The World


My Top 10 Favorite Places In The World

1- My mother's house- It was always nice to go home to my mother.  she greeted me every time with kindness.  She was always happy to see me.

2- India- I love this country.  It is full of extremes of colors, smells, food, people, cows, monks, incense, prayer offerings,

3- Long Beach Island- my family owned a home on this island for 30 years.  And my uncles owned homes there as well.  So I got to see lots of my extended family during the summer months.

4- Penn State- I have three degrees from PSU so I spent a lot of time there. It's like going home when I go back there.  Zeno', The Phyrst, and the Rath Skeller are my favorite bars.

5- WAWA- This store is the greatest store chain in the world.

6- England- It is so easy for me to travel to England and wander around with ease.  I love the theatre, the museums, high tea and the pubs.

7- The Bryn Mawr Film Institute (BMFI)- I could go here everyday.  This movie house shows nothing but great movies.  They mostly show foreign films or indepemndet films and all of them are great.  There is a coffee show right there which is a great place to meet before or after the movie.

8- China- I don't think China is a particularly beautiful country but I have fallen on love with the people.  I've taught there twice at a university and my students are delightful.


9- NY, NY- I always love going to New York even though this city intimidates me. It is too expensive and too fast paced for daily living.  But going there for an afternoon or a weekend is great fun,  I like to go the the 1/2 priced theatre tickets.  I live to go to a deli for a huge pastrami sandwich and a beer.  And there are plenty of museums to capture my attention.

10- Reading Terminal- Philadelphia, PA- I love to go here for lunch and to shop for cheeses.

No comments: